Monday, December 15, 2008

This is for you Jen and Amy...NATAS!


This weekend I met up with Jen and Amy and they were telling me about this dessert that they had when they were in Portugal.  So, given that I love baking, I decided to try my hand at making them.

No, they aren't cupcakes, BUT, they are made in a cupcake pan! :)  Close enough!  These little treats are Portuguese Custard Cups, or Pasteis de Nata, or simply Natas!  

I am a huge fan of puff pastry and custard.  I think I went a little puff pastry crazy because they were bigger than I thought they would be.  Next time I will add a little less puff pastry, add cinnamon on top, ohhh, or drizzled with honey and topped with berries!  

Okay, I will stop now! :)

I found an article/recipe (I used my own custard recipe) on the Delicious Days Blog that was cute.  Pasteis de Nata or can I be a cupcake, please?  I love it!

5 comments:

Amy Carroll said...

Becca, I am DYING!!! I MUST sample one of these! They look amazing :)

Amy Carroll said...

Also, are these available for ordering?! So excited!

lil' Miss Cupcake said...

When I make them again I'll bring you a couple!

I'm thinking about making them available, what do you think?! Wait, I KNOW what you think!! ;) :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh I love it!!!!!

Amy Carroll said...

You know I think that is an incredibly delish idea! Do it :)