Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Finally!








Introducing the Nutella and Banana Cupcakes!  Wow, I don't know where to begin...

I started with the Banana Cupcakes.  I could smell the banana goodness before they were even done baking and I knew they were going to be good!  Once I pulled them out of the oven and they were cool enough to eat, I dove it!  YUMMY!!!!!!!  I used all purpose flour in these cupcakes instead of the cake flour that I always use to give it more of a dense texture.  Man, did these cupcakes deliver!!

Next, I made the Nutella Buttercream Frosting.  Light and fluffy with rich chocolate flavor and hints of hazelnut, delish!!  

Finally, I topped them off with a slice of fresh banana. :)

With the first bite I was hooked!!  The cake is slightly denser but very moist.  With the first bite I tasted the rich chocolate flavor and then BAM the banana hits you just at the right time! Fabulous! 

They are officially added to the line up!!  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...they sound SO delicious!! You are making it hard for me to stick with the original choices for our wedding cupcakes.

Amy Carroll said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make me a batch!! I must have them! YUM!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm, instead of going out on saturday for breakfast, we should just make those and eat them :)